We’re sold out at the winery, but you’ll be able to get your hands on our 2015 vintage of Tragically Hip Grand Reserve Red at LCBO Vintages locations Saturday December 9th! Get there early! New 2016 vintage coming to the winery early in the new year.
A layered and complex Bordeaux style blend. Aromas of blackberry, cherry raspberry are accented by savoury spicy notes of star anise, cigar box and caramel. These aromatics carry over to the palate, along with plum, blueberry, toffee and clove spice notes. The palate is richly textured, with firm tannin structure and delicate acidity. Excellent length. Drinking at its best 2017 – 2022.
A blend of 48% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Franc and 25% Cabernet Sauvignon. Grapes were harvested from a single vineyard in the western end of the Niagara Peninsula. The grapes were quite ripe, with excellent fruit concentration and an average brix of 22.3˚. Grapes were crushed and fermented in separate lots in stainless steel tanks. The wine was then racked into new and seasoned American oak barrels for 11 months prior to blending. 1000 cases bottled (including 1000 1.5L magnums) October 2016.
- Vintage: 2015
- Blend: 48% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Franc and 25% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Harvest date: Oct 24, 2015
- Vineyards: Niagara Peninsula
- Brix: 22.3˚
- Harvested by: Mechanical harvester
- Residual Sugar: 3.3 g/L
- Total Acidity: 4.5 g/L
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Fermented in: 100% Stainless Steel Tank
- Malolactic: 100% Malolactic Fermentation
- Aged: 11 months in 100% New and 1 – 2 year old American Oak Barrels
- Bottled: October 2016
- Total Case Production: 1000 cases