A layered and complex Bordeaux style blend. Aromas of blackberry, cherry raspberry are accented by savory spicy notes of star anise, cigar box and caramel. These aromatics carry over to the palate, along with plum, blueberry, toffee and clove spice notes. The palate is richly textured, with firm tannin structure and delicate acidity. Excellent length. Drinking at its best 2019 – 2026.
A blend of 38% Cabernet Franc, 35% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Sauvignon. Grapes were harvested from select vineyards in the Niagara Peninsula. The grapes were quite ripe, with excellent fruit concentration and an average brix of 22.3˚. Grapes were crushed and fermented in separate lots in stainless steel tanks. The wine was then racked into seasoned American oak and French oak barrels for 14 months prior to blending.
- Vintage: 2017
- Blend: 38% Cabernet Franc, 35% Merlot and 27% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Harvest date: October, 2016
- Vineyards: Niagara Peninsula
- Brix: 22.3˚
- Harvested by: Mechanical harvester
- Residual Sugar: 3.9 g/L
- Total Acidity: 4.4 g/L
- Alcohol: 13%
- Fermented in: 100% Stainless Steel Tank
- Malolactic: 100% Malolactic Fermentation
- Aged: 14 months in seasoned American and French Oak Barrels